Allow me to dust this blog off for a moment! Sorry for not updating this site, I’ve been a little busy with life and layout. After many months of hard work, the layout is now fully operational. Trackwork is complete, the electrical is almost done save for some switch machines to be installed in staging. I’ve got a new Digitrax Chief command station coming since the Empire Builder I am currently using does not have enough locomotive slots for the needs of the layout.
I’m currently installing fascia on the upper and lower levels and will paint it green soon to hide a good portion of the benchwork. I’m not sure where I’ll start with scenery, perhaps the upper deck at Hulcross of Kennedy. I do plan to work on one scene at a time (maybe a 4 foot area) rather than the “shotgun method” of rough sceniking the entire layout, then going back to add more.
I’ve also completed the first and (hopefully) only siding extention on the railroad, the passing track at Kennedy was lengthened to allow a full size train to fit. I realized before the first op session that having only one passing siding on the upper deck was not going to work that well, so Kennedy got lengthened,
So, here’s some updated shots:
Kennedy dead ahead, with the siding of Groundbirch on the lower level right hand side of the image
Dawson Creek, with a freight ready to leave town for Chetwynd
The north end of Dawson Creek, with the station from the old layout set in place
And the staging yard at Prince George, with a few freights ready to head north.
great to see the layout operating. We use OCS on the Squamish sub. and it seems to work well. Your track work looks pretty good.